Today I am coming up with very authentic, auspicious, Important recipe of Indians, especially South people.Comming from house waring to introducing solid food to infants(annaprasana), we start with this dish. So many versions recipes are there according to culture or family but its the same auspicious authentic delicious recipe we get from any method. So why late let's jump to recipe
Milk - 1 ltr(1000ml)
Raw rice - 1/4 Cup
Sugar - 1/4 Cup/(jaggary 1/2 Cup)
Cardamom Powder - 1 tspn
Ghee - 1 tspn
Dryfruits - 1 Tblspn (anychoice)
- Heat ghee in a pan, saute dry fruits till light brown, keep a side.
- Boil Milk, then add washed rice and cook till rice completely cooked in milk, it may take 20 mins.
- Now add Sugar , cardamom powder(If adding jaggary we have to add just before switching off flame to avoid curdling of milk).
- After adding sugar process turns little fast, we can observe milk turns thick and reduces to 1/2 qty , the its time to add dry fruits.
- cook 5 more minutes then switch off flame (if using jaggary add at this point and immediately switch off).
- , kheer turns more thick once cool, so we can switch off when its semi kheer consistency.