Milk - 1 ltr(1000ml)
Raw rice - 1/4 Cup
Sugar - 1/4 Cup/(jaggary 1/2 Cup)
Cardamom Powder - 1 tspn
Ghee - 1 tspn
Dryfruits - 1 Tblspn (anychoice)
- Heat ghee in a pan, saute dry fruits till light brown, keep a side.
- Boil Milk, then add washed rice and cook till rice completely cooked in milk, it may take 20 mins.
- Now add Sugar , cardamom powder(If adding jaggary we have to add just before switching off flame to avoid curdling of milk).
- After adding sugar process turns little fast, we can observe milk turns thick and reduces to 1/2 qty , the its time to add dry fruits.
- cook 5 more minutes then switch off flame (if using jaggary add at this point and immediately switch off).
- , kheer turns more thick once cool, so we can switch off when its semi kheer consistency.