Today I am posting a very healthy and tasty andhra style dal using palak, methi. Usually we prepare palak or methi individually but it tastes heavenly when used combined. I am posting this on Shh Secretly Cooking hosted by priya of Priyas Versatile Recipes . This month my partner is shama Naga Rajan of Easy2cookrecipes. She gave me green chillies, raw banana. I used green chillies and made this dal.
Toor Dal - 1 cup
Water for boiling dal
green chillies - 2-3
Palak Leaves - 1 small bunch
Methi Leaves - ! small bumch
Salt - according to taste
Turmeric Powder - 1 teaspoon
Tamarind - small lemon sized ball soaked
Red Chillies - 2
Oil - 2 tablespoons
Hing - a pinch
Curry Leaves - 1 stem
Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Urad Dal _ 1/2 teaspoon
Jeera - 1 teaspoon
- Boil the toor dal along with chopped greens n green chillies(it saves time and make more flavor full)
- Now take a vessel and add boiled toor dal, turmeric powder, tamarind extraxt(squeze tamarind to get a thick juice and throw away the pulp), salt and water for desired consistancy and ccok in simmer.
- Switch of the stove after 15 mintues and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Now heat oil in a kadai, add red chillies, mustard seeds and let it splutte, then add urad then jeera and add hing and curry leaves.
- Take off from stove and add to dal, mix with a ladle to mix properly with dal and close with a lid not to loose tamper flavor.
- Can be enjoyed with hot steamed rice and rotis too.