Rice Flour - 2 cups
Chana Dal - 2 teaspoons
Sesame Seeds - 2 teaspoons
Salt - According to taste
Red Chilli powder - According to taste
Onion - 1/2 Cup(Finely Chopped)
Coriander Leaves - 2 teaspoons
Oil - 3 teaspoons
- Take a wide opened bowl, add above all ingredients except oil and slowly add sufficient water and knead a soft dough(Softer than chapathi)(If dough is hard then we will get harder rotis.). Divide tis dough into 4 lemon sized balls.
- Take an iron pan or nonstick pan, grease it with oil, place one ball made with dough on the pan, press it gently to roll into a thin circular shaped roti, spread through out the pan, it should be thin layer on the pan, make holes through out the roti using finger like picture below.
- Now switch on the stove and place the pan on it. Pour little oil around the edges of roti, and a little oil in the holes, cook for few minutes untill light brown spots form on the roti, now flip the roti, cook for a minute and take into a serving plate(flipping is not must, but I will do this).
- Just keep that pan under water so that it will cool in few seconds, wipe out the moist, grease with oil and do the same process as first.(We are cooling the pan as we cannot be able to press on the hot pan)
- Note:If u are making more rotis you may require 2 or more pans so that time will be saved, as we need to press roti's on pan's simultaneusly we can cook if we use more) also we can use big wide opened vessels to cooks this, we can press all over the vessel so that roti comes out vessel shape, kids will really enjoy such shape.
- Serve with plain curd or we can enjoy as it spreading with ghee.
Note: Can be made without chana dal, sesame seeds, onion i.e. you can proceed with simply rice flour also. Can use green chilli paste alone too, it tastes superb with any flavor.