Toady I am posting a very authentic sweet, healthy too. The process is too lengthy, it takes so much of time, but once you taste this you will forget all the effort. sweet lovers and non sweet lovers both can enjoy this with out worrying about diet, as we are using jaggery. So, I hope all of you will enjoy this recipe.
Wheat - 2 cups
Jaggery - 2 cups(adjust according to sweet)
Dry Fruits - 1 cup
Ghee - 1/2 cup
Milk - 2 cups
Nutmeg - 1/2 teaspoon(grated)(Jajikaya in (telugu, kannada)
Dry Coconut - 1/2 cup(finely chopped)
- Soak wheat for an hour in sufficient water, drain water.
- Take a mixer jar, grind wheat just for few seconds, it turns like below picture.
- Allow that rava to dry by spreading this rava as a thin layer that on a cloth or paper like below picture(better to keep this below the fan, so that it takes less time to dry).
- Transfer this into a plate and just toss it, so that skin goes out.
- Boil this by adding plenty of water in a pressure cooker or kadai closing with a lid.
- It turn's soft after, boiling.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add wheat, saute for five to ten minutes in a low flame.
- Then add jaggery, mix well, then add dry fruits fried in ghee, chopped dry coconut, at this stage adjust jaggery if required. Saute till jaggery is dissolved and it turns into a thick consistancy.
- Serve as it is, it tastes superb or you can also add milk and serve, both tastes super delicious. After adding milk, the payasam looks like.