Jawar Flour - 2 cups
Hot Water - 1 cup - (adjust)
Onion - 1
Methi leaves - 1 cup
Green Chillies - 2
Salt - According to taste
turmeric powder - 1/4 spoon
Oil - 2 tablespoons
- Take a wide opened bowl, mix jawar flour with hot water to knead a dough like chapathi.
- Make small balls (circular/oval shaped), transfer carefully these balls into a slotted plate (Chillula Pallem/plate with holes)used to drain water.
- Heat water in a vessel, keep the slotted plate containing jawar balls on that vessel and close it with a lid and allow it to cook for 15 to 20 minutes in a medium flame until balls are evenly cooked.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add chopped onions, turmeric powder, saute till onion turns light brown, then add methi leaves, green chilli paste, salt, saute till methi leaves are evenly cooked(app. 5 minutes).
- Then add jawar balls and mix well, saute till the jawar balls turn light brown and crispy(don't over cook).
- Serve as a snack.
- It promotes weight loss, prevents formation of gall stones, inhibits heart failure, cancer and asthma prevalent in children. It also helps in lowering the risk of diabetes and high blood pressure
- Jawar is more nutritious. It is easy to digest and fills your tummy for a longer time.
- One hundred grams of fenugreek leaves comprises only 49 calories. The leaves have has good dietary fiber.
- Consumption of fenugreek leaves restores excellent digestion abilities. You will not get common digestive problems like digestive disorders and iron deficiency.
- Onions are surprisingly a great source of fiber
- Onions helpful for hair growth and strength
- Onions clean your blood. Today is the day of pollution, , dusts and toxins.
As for now obesity and diabetics are the most common and danger for our routine life, both can be prevented with good food habits, this is my small humble attempt to share good recipe for healthy diet.