Tur Dal - 1 cup
Water - 2 1/2 cups
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Goda masala/MTR Sambar Masala - 2 teaspoons(Can use any brand)
Tomatoes - 3
Coriander Leaves - 2 tablespoons
Jaggery - 2 teaspoons(Optional)
Tamarind Juice - 1/2 cup(thick)
Wheat Flour - 1 cup
Water - 1/4 cup(adjust)
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Suger - 1 teaspoon
Oil - 1teaspoon
Oil - 2 teaspoons
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Split Black Gram Dal - 1/2 teaspoon
Jeera - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 4
Hing - 1/4 teaspoon
- Mix wheat flour, salt, suger, oil, enough water to knead a soft dough like chapathi, keep it closed for 10 minutes.
- Boil tur dal in a pressure pan with 2 cups of water and keep a side.
- Heat oil in a cooking vessel, add mustard seeds, let it splutters, then add split black gram dal, jeera, hing, curry leaves, saute till dal turns red.
- Add chopped tomato, turmeric powder, saute till tomato turns soft, then add tamarind juice, salt, red chilli powder, sambar masala, jaggery, saute for 5 minutes.
- Add cooked tur dal, water if required, saute for 10 minutes in a low flame, mean while divide the dough into 4 Lemon sized balls, roll the balls into circular sized like chapathis (slightly thicker than chapathis). Observe that chapathi should not be too thicker nor too thinner it should be medium.
- Cut that chapathi into diamond shape using knife(any shape), add this diamond shaped pieces to dal and close it with a lid. Saute till diamond shaped dough cooks evenly in a low flame(if you check with laddle it should be cut softly). It will take app. 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, garnish with coriander leaves.Serve hot.