- 125 gms khova (solidified milk)
- 250 gms cheena (soft cream cheese)
- pinch of salt, 125 gms flour (maida)
- ½ tsp baking powder,
- 500 gms of sugar;
- few drops of essence
- ½ tsp crushed cardamom
- ½ litre water and ghee for frying.
- Knead the khoa, cheena and flour till very smooth and well blended adding a pinch of salt and baking powder.
- Leave aside to rise for a couple of hours and form into small balls.
- Prepare syrup from the sugar and water by boiling. Remove the top scum formed with a flat spoon. Strain the syrup through muslin and cool; flavour with essence.
- Heat ghee for deep-frying and fry the jamuns till brown.
- Cool and add to the syrup. Leave to soak overnight. Before serving, boil the jamuns in the syrup till soft.