Today I am posting a very authentic sweet hayagreev made in festival times to offer god. It's a dal based sweet and very easy to prepare.This sweet is made in some parts of karnataka and Telangana. Its regular in my moms and inlaws place during festivals So why late just jump to recipe.
- Chana Dal - 1 Cup
- Jaggary - 1 Cup
- Cardammom Powder- 1 teaspn
- Nutmeg Powder(japhal) - 1 tspn
- Coconut - 1 Tblspn grated /Finely chopped(fresh or dry)
- Dry Fruits - 1 Tblspn any choice
- Ghee - 3 Tblspns
- Pressure cook Chana dal with 2 cups of water to 4 whistles (not so soft like dal)
- Heat 1 Tblsspoon of ghee in kadai, add dry fruits and saute till light brown , plate it out and keep a side.
- Add Coconut, saute for a min then add Chana dal and saute for 5 mins.
- Add jaggary, Cardammom, nutmeg powders and cook till halwa consistancy(thick), add ghee and allow to cook for 2 mins
- Serve warm with dollop of ghee.