Kacha Tomatoes - 5(green tomatoes)
Green Chillies - 2
Tamarind - 1 teaspoon
Groundnuts - 2 teaspoon
Sesame Seeds - 2 teaspoons
Black Gram Dal - 1 teaspoon
Jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - according to taste
- Oil - 1 teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Split Black Gram dal - 1/2 teaspoon
- Jeera - 1 teaspoon
- Chana Dal - 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry Leaves - 4
- Hing - 1/4 teaspoon
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon of oil in a kadai, add groundnuts, sesame seeds, black gram dal, jeera, coriander seeds, saute till it pops (app 3 minutes)and remove from heat and let it cool.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon of oil in same kadai, add green chillies, saute for a minute, then add chopped green tomatoes and saute for 10 minutes in a low flame, and remove from heat and let it cool.
- Take a mixer jar and add green chillies, chopped tomatoes, jeera, groundnuts, sesame seeds, black gram dal, coriander seeds, salt, sugar, tamarind and grind it to a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds, saute till it pops, add split black gram dal, jeera, hing, curry leaves and saute till dal turns red.
- Add popu/tampering to coarse paste, Serve with Hot rice/paratha's.