Sometimes raw mangoes turns soft and yellow, but tastes mixture of sweet and sourness, we can't eat them directctly nor use for cooking. Instead of throwing them away we can make a tasty side dish for rice. As today I thought to cook mango dal, but after looking at mangoes I shocked, as I bought them yesterday itself, but I felt happy that I can prepare this curry, which my mother used to cook like this with this sort of mangoes, it's a very easy n quick recipe with less ingredients.
Mangoes -3(sweet and sour)
Oil - 2 teaspoons
Jaggery - 5 teaspoons(grated)(add more for more sweetened)
Salt - 1 teaspoon(adjust)
Red Chilli Powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 1 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Jeera - 1 teaspoon
Split Black gram Dal - 1/4 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 4
Hing - 1/4 teaspoon
- Cut the mango along with seeds into 4 pieces(optional) taste goes well if with big sized peices.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds, saute till it pops, then add split black gram dal, jeera, curry leaves, hing saute till dal turns red.
- Add mango pieces, saute for few minutes, till it cooks well.
- Add jaggery, saute till jaggery dissolves, then add salt, red chilli powder, corinader powder, saute for 5 minutes in a low flame.
- Serve as a side dish for rice.