Tomatoes - 2
Water - 2 cups
Tamarind - Small lemon sized ball
Suger - 1 teaspoon(U can add more if you want more sweentened)
Salt - 1 teaspoon(adjust)
Rasam Powder - 1 teaspoon
Oil - 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
Jeera - 1 teaspoon
Black gram dal - 1/2 teaspoon
Curry leaves - 4
- Heat 1/4 teaspoon of oil, add chopped tomatoes, saute till it softens.
- Soak tamarind in 1 cup of water for 10 minutes.
- Gently squeeze tamarind extract, it doesn't need thick juice like sambar/dal.(u can also add 2 tablespoons of boiled toor dal before adding tamarind juice to get more taste, but its optional).
- Add this tamarind juice to tomatoes, add remaining water, salt, rasam powder, suger and cook for 15 minutes and remove it from heat.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, saute till it splutters, add black gram dal, jeera, curry leaves, hing and saute till dal turns red
- Add this tampering to rasam, serve hot with rice poured with ghee.