Whole green gram dal(Pesalu) - 1 cup
Rice - 2 table spoons
Ginger paste - 2 table sppons
Green chillies paste - 2 spoons
Salt - According to taste
Onions - 1
oil - for deep frying
- Soak Pesalu/green gram dal, rice for 4 hours.
- Grind it to a thick batter .
- Add ginger paste, green chilli paste, salt, onions to the batter.
- Heat enough oil for deep fring in a deep frying vessel. It should be piping hot, reduce the flame to medium and use ur fingers to drop the batter in the oil so as to form small fritters. Deep fry till they turn golden brown. Use a laddle to keep turning the fritters so that it cooks on all sides.
- Once they turn golden brown remove them on to paper napkeen to absorb extra oil.
- Serve as a evening snack with tea.
- I think pesarattu is a common breakfast item every one is aware of that . If ur pesarattu batter is left over mix some rice flour, onions to it to prepare this punukulu.