Potatoes - 1 kg (very small, even sized potatoes)
Onions - 2
ginger - 50 gms
Cloves - 4
Cinnamon - 1 stick
Water - 2 cups
Turmeric powder- 1 1/2 tea spoon
Oil - 1 cup
Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
Salt - according to taste
Suger - 1 tea spoon
Ghee - 2 teaspoons
- Grind together onion and ginger into a paste
- Grind together cloves and cinnamon into a powder
- Boil potatoes, peel of skin, sprinkle turmeric powder on potatoes and mix well.
- Take a large pan, heat oil heat oil for two minutes, add cumin seeds, saute for a few seconds, Add chopped onion and fry till golden brown, Add ground paste, fry for about two minutes
- Add chopped tomato, chilli, cumin, coriander powders, salt, suger and remaining turmeric powder, cook till oil shows seperately, stirring occassionally.
- Add potatoes, stirr carefully to evenly coat potatoes with masala. Add powdered spices and remaining water (1 cup), Stir once, Reduce heat to low and simmer for about five minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, Pour ghee evenly over potatoes, serve hot with rotis or rice.