Toordal - 1 cup
Rice - 1 cup
Groundnuts- 3 table spoons
Tamarind Pulp - 1/2 cup
Turmeric powder - 1/2 spoon
Chilli powder - 1/2 spoon(adjust)
Salt - 1 spoon(adjust)
vegetables of ur choice - 1 cup(Onion, Dosakaya, tomato,carrot, alu)
Jaggery - 1 spoon
MTR Sambar powder - 2 spoons(adjust)(Any sambar powder of ur choice)
coriander leaves - 1 spoon
Ghee/oil - 3 table spoons
Mustard seeds - 1 spoon
Jeera - 1 spoon
Black gram - 1/2 spoon
Curry leaves - 4 flakes
Hing - 1/4 spoon
- Take a cooking vessel first cook the Toor dal.
- Add soaked rice, vegetables, groundnuts to the toor dal, allow it to cook well.
- Add tamarind pulp, jaggery and cook for 2 minutes
- Add salt,MTR sambar powder, chilli powder according to taste
- Heat ghee in other pan add mustard seeds, let it flutter jeera, blackgram, curry leaves, hing. Saute for 2 mins till nice aroma comes out.
- Garnish with fried cashews, corainder leaves.
- Serve hot with papad.