- If the curd is really sour and you have to use it for gravy, whisk it and in half hour water will come up, throw that water and Dahi is ready to use.
- Garlic should always be peeled before 7 to 8 min of chopping as this process increases the flavor.
- Onion should be peeled and instantly cut because it starts losing its flavor.
- When you are cooking green leafy vegetables never cover the pan while cooking because the steam that condenses contains toxins which needs to evaporate.
- Best way to store green leafy vegetables and fresh herbs is to roll it in newspaper or brown paper bag and place that in a plastic bag and keep it in the refrigerator.
- When combining dry things with liquid things, always sprinkle the dry ingredients on the surface instead of dunking it in at once, this avoids the batter from getting lumpy and product getting heavy. Eg. Dry fruits in a cake batter.
- add a pinch of fenugrek powder to any tangy dishes enhances the flavour.
Added on 14:40
- Prathima Shivraj
- Prathima Shivraj, Banglore, Karnataka, India