today I am posting very authentic dish of MP..malpua with rabri..first time when i saw this beauty thought its same like ARISELU(AUTHENTIC ANDHRA SWEET)..but both r differant as south n North...enjoyed preapring this for first time in a hurry so plz excuse with my presentation n captures..I got chance to make this beauty by this month challenge Shh Secretly Cooking I am paired with sweet coblogger Archana of themadscientistskitchen she gave me milk n sugar as secret ingredients plz visit her blog for mouth watering
· 200 gm all purpose
· 1 teaspoon fennel
· 1 teaspoon powdered
· 1 cup ghee for deep frying
· 1/2 teaspoon baking
powder500 ml milk
· 2 tablespoon chopped dryfruits - for garnishing
- First prepare the sugar syrup, place water in a pan over medium flame. Add sugar in it and stir until fully dissolved. Then add 2-3 tsp milk and stir again, after a few minutes remove the scum that rises to the top.
- Once the sugar syrup is thick, remove the pan from the flame and keep aside
- Mix maida, rava, khoya, baking powder, fennel seeds, cardamom powder and milk.
- Ensure that the mixture has a pourable consistency and is not too thick. Once the batter is ready, keep it aside for few minutes so that the flavour of spices and herbs are fully absorbed.
- Now heat ghee in a pan over low flame. Pour a ladleful of the mixture and spread evenly. Keep the flame low and cook till it is light brown on both sides. Remove the cooked malpua and drain the excess ghee.
- Drop the malpua in sugar syrup and allow it to soak for 10 minutes. Repeat the same with the remaining batter. Drain the malpuas from the syrup, garnish with pistachios and serve with rabri for heavenly combo...recipe for rabri am writing below