These days blogging became a big task for me but I am missing due to busy schedule. Thanx to priya of Priya's Versatile recipes being soo busy she's not only blogging but giving chance to us to continue our blogging through her wonderful ideas like this event SSshh Secretly Cooking. This month I got Yashoda of Yashodas Kitchen
, She is a wonderful blogger with mouthwatering recipes n nice clicks, with online gifts made by her. Do visit her wonderful blog.As per challenge she gave me a choice of ingredients sugar/fruit she's soo sweet that she want my event start up with sweet.Thank u priya for the event which gives a plat form to meet many more wonderful bloggers like u.
today I am posting very traditional indian sweet called gujiya. we make gujiyas with 5 different stuffings depending on occasion .I made this for ugadi, our new year. As it's our main festival pooran( Chanadal cooked as a sweet) has to be cooked for offering god so fest recipe will be obviuosly pooran poli. This time my husband suggested me to do this sweet n came out super perfect. My presentation is very poor as of now.
Wheat Flour - 1 cup
Maida/All purpose flour - 1 tablespoon
Ghee - 1 tablespoon
salt - a pinch
Water -as per consistency
Oil - to deep fry
Chana Dal - 2 cups
Sugar - 2 cups
Cardamom Powder - 1 teaspoon
Nutmeg Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Pressure cook chana dal till soft.
- Make a dough with wheat flour, maida, ghee same like puri dough by adding water. make sure that dough should be hard unlike roti dough. Keep covered n keep it a side.
- Now seive chana dal for any extra water then add sugar cardamom powder, nutmeg powder and grind to a paste.
- This is the most important step, take a heavy bottomed vessel and saute in low flame to get stuffing consistency. it's a very time consuming process. If u have microwave oven u can set for 10-15 mins depending up on quantity to get perfect consistency with very less effort. this is same process as for pooran poli.
- Now divide the dough into small lemon sized balls n roll it now place stuffing in center, apply oil to edges now close neatly n carefully so dat stuffing may not come out and shape using gujiya maker or design using hand/fork.
- Now deep fry in medium flame until light brown.