Rice Puffs/Murmuralu - 3 cups
Oil - 3 tablespoons
Onion -1(Cut inti slices)
Mustard seeds - 2 teaspoons
Black Gram Dal - 2 teaspoons
Jeera - 2 teaspoons
Green Chillies -3(Slit and halved)
Ground Nuts - 1/2 cup
Putana - 1/2 cup
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - 1 teaspoon(adjust)
Curry leaves - 7
- Saute rice puffss for few minutes in a kadai without oil in a low flame so that ricepuffs turns crispy(It should not turn brown).
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds, saute till it pops, then add split black gram dal, jeera, groundnuts, putana, curry leaves, saute till dal turns red.
- Add turmeric Powder, salt, green chillies, onion slices and saute till onion turns light brown.
- Turn off the heat, add roasted rice puffs and mix well.
- Can be stored up to a week, Serve as a snack(Without onion it can be stored up to 15 days).