Potatoes - 2Carrots - 2
Onion - 1
Tomato - 1
Gravy & Masala:
Cashew nuts paste - 2 teaspoon(soaked and grounded)
Dry coconut and kus kus Paste- 1 teaspoon(grounded dry coconut with soaked kus kus)
Ginger garlic Paste - 1 teaspoon
Coriander Powder - 1 teaspoon
Garam masala powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - According to taste
Red Chilli Powder - According to spice
Oil - 3 teaspoons
Jeera - 1 teaspoon
Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
Curry Leaves - 4
- Chop half onion finely, grind other half into a paste and keep a side, grind tomato and keep a side. Cut Potatoes and carrots into cubes and boil it in a vessel adding water, drain excess water and keep a side.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds, let it pop, then add jeera, curry leaves and saute for 2 minutes in a low flame.
- Add chopped onion, saute till it turns light brown, then add ginger garlic paste, onion paste, saute for a minute, then add tomato paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and saute till oil shows separately.
- Add boiled aloo cubes, carrot cubes and mix well, then add cashew paste, kus kus paste, coriander powder, little water according to desired consistency.
- Now add garam masala powder and saute for few minutes.
- Serve as a side dish for poor's/ Roti's