Maida - 11/2 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup(adjust)
Ghee/Vanaspathi - 2 teaspoons
Cooking Soda - a pinch
Salt - a pinch
Water - 1/4 cup(Warm)
Oil - for deep frying
- Mix sugar powder with warm water and make sure that sugar is completely dissolved before use.
- Using your finger, mix the ghee and soda in circular motion to form a foamy or gooey paste
- Add this mixture to maida a, mix, this will make the flour slightly to crumbly texture. Now slowly add water and knead to form a dough. Use the exact water measure, this will result in soft and firm dough.
- Now divide this into 5 equal portions. Roll one portion to form a big thick chapathi, it has to be thick poori too. Using a special spoon or knife cut the rolled out poori. (Use vertical and horizontal lines) to form diamond shaped cuts.
- Carefully remove them and place them over a clean paper towel and repeat the procedure for rest of the dough balls.
- Heat oil in a deepfrying vessel,deep fry this diamond cuts.