Chana Dal - 2 cups
Ginger - 50gm(adjust)
Green Chillies - 4
Cabbage - 1 cup(grated)
Onion - 1 cup(chopped)
Salt - 2 teaspoons(adjust)
Oil - for deep frying
- Soak chickpeas for at least 2 hours in enough water and drain the water.
- Take a mixer jar, add soaked chickpeas(keep fistfull of chanadal a side), salt, green chillies, ginger, curry leaves, coriander leaves and grind it for few seconds to a coarse paste.
- Add grated cabbage, onion and mix well, remaining chana dal(can add salt, green chillies if required)
- Take some of this mixture to form a lemon sized ball. Flatten it on your palm to make a patti shape. Prepare patties with the rest of the mixture.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a heavy bottomed vessel. Once its hot, reduce flame to medium and place these patties in the oil and fry them to a golden brown color.
- Serve as snack with sauce/chutney.