Jawar Flour - 2 cups
Hot Water - 1 cup - (adjust)
Onion - 1
Methi leaves - 1 cup
Green Chillies - 2
Salt - According to taste
turmeric powder - 1/4 spoon
Oil - 2 tablespoons
- Take a wide opened bowl, mix jawar flour with hot water to knead a dough like chapathi.
- Make small balls (circular/oval shaped), transfer carefully these balls into a slotted plate (Chillula Pallem/plate with holes)used to drain water.
- Heat water in a vessel, keep the slotted plate containing jawar balls on that vessel and close it with a lid and allow it to cook for 15 to 20 minutes in a medium flame until balls are evenly cooked.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add chopped onions, turmeric powder, saute till onion turns light brown, then add methi leaves, green chilli paste, salt, saute till methi leaves are evenly cooked(app. 5 minutes).
- Then add jawar balls and mix well, saute till the jawar balls turn light brown and crispy(don't over cook).
- Serve as a snack.
This is a very healthy snack, the ingredients which I have used in this recipe have many benefits, it takes lots of pages if I explain. So, I want to just share 2 benefits of each ingredient.
- It promotes weight loss, prevents formation of gall stones, inhibits heart failure, cancer and asthma prevalent in children. It also helps in lowering the risk of diabetes and high blood pressure
- Jawar is more nutritious. It is easy to digest and fills your tummy for a longer time.
- One hundred grams of fenugreek leaves comprises only 49 calories. The leaves have has good dietary fiber.
- Consumption of fenugreek leaves restores excellent digestion abilities. You will not get common digestive problems like digestive disorders and iron deficiency.
- Onions are surprisingly a great source of fiber
- Onions helpful for hair growth and strength
- Onions clean your blood. Today is the day of pollution, , dusts and toxins.
Sending this recipe to : Fast Food But Not Fat Food Event hosted by Priya Sreeram of Bon Appetit