Today i am posting a chat item, which is favorite of many and very healthy too. we can make this item at any time without checking availability of ingredients, as every ingredient will be available at home. I am posting how to make papdi's, sweet chutney, green chutney for newbie's below the recipe.
Puffed Rice(Murmuralu) - 2 cups
Ground Nuts - 1/2 cup
Jeera Powder - 1 tablespoon
Garam Masala Powder - 1 teaspoon
Chat Masala - 1 tablespoon
Oil - 1 teaspoon
Sev - 1 cup
Sweet Chutney - 8 teaspoons(kajur Imli Chutney)
Green Chutney - 4 teaspoons
Chopped Onions - 1/2 cup
Chopped Tomatoes - 1/2 cup
Coriander leaves - 2 tablespoonsSalt - according to taste
Maida - 1 cup
Salt - 1 teaspoon
jeera - 1 teaspoon(Optional)
Vamu - 1 teaspoon)
oil - for deep frying
- Take a wide opened bowl, add rice puffs, salt, jeera powder, roasted groundnuts, garam masala, chat masala, oil and mix well, so that masala will be coated evenly to ricepuffs.
- Crush papdi's , add to masala rice puffs.(can add crushed golgappas, fried chick peas(soaked and deep fried),...)
- Add chopped tomatoes, onion, corinader leaves and mix well.
- Add sweet chutney(khajur imli chutney), green chutney, salt, half of the sev and mix well.
- Garnish with sev and serve as a sanck.
- Take a wide opened bowl, add maida, salt, jeera, vamu, enough water to knead a slightly hard dough(not soo hard nor soft) like poori.
- Divide dough into small lemon sized balls and roll into a small circular puri's(cookies size), mark holes with a fork/knife.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the pur's to a light brown color
Fresh coriander leaves – 2 cups
Fresh pudina/mint leaves – 1 cup
Green chillis - 2(adjust)
Lemon juice - 2 teaspoons
Water – 1 teaspoon
Sugar – 11/2 teaspoon
Salt – a pinch
- Wash pudina and coriander leaves thoroughly and allow the water to drain.
Grind the pudina, mint leaves, salt, sugar, lemon juice and green chillis to a fine paste, by adding 2 tbsps water.
- Remove into a bowl. Refrigerate until use. Goes well for chaats like golgappa’s, hot snacks like Samosa or as a spread for sandwich.
Sweet Chutney?khajur Imli Chutney:
Grated jaggery – ¾ cup(adjust)
Dates- 10 – 12
Tamarind (de-seeded) – large lemon sized
Chilli pwd – ¾ teaspoon
Saunf pwd - ½ teaspoon
Roasted cumin pwd – 1 teaspoon
Water – as reqiured
Salt – according to taste
· Soak tamarind in 2 cups of warm water for 5 mts. Heat a heavy bottomed vessel, add the tamarind along with the water and bring to a boil. Turn off heat and cool.
· Once cool, grind this tamarind mixture along with dates to a fine paste, adding very little water. Strain through a sieve and pour this tamarind-date paste back into the heavy bottomed vessel.
· Cook on slow to medium flame for 2-3 mts. Add the grated jaggery and allow it to melt and blend well with the tamarind date mix.
· Continue to cook till it becomes a thick pouring consistency, approx 15-18 mts.Add chilli pwd, cumin pwd, saunf pwd and salt to taste and combine. Turn off heat.
· Even if the chutney is thick, its fine. Once cool, refrigerate and use as required.