Bajji Mirchi - 10
Besan - 5 tablespoons
Ajwain - 1 teaspoon
Water - 1/2 cup
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Red chilli Powder - 1 teapoons
Cooking soda - 1/4 teaspoon
Oil - 2 cups
Groundnuts - 2 teaspoons
Seasame seeds - 2 teaspoons
Tamarind - lemon sized ball
Salt - according to taste
Mint leaves - 2 taspoons(Optional)
Coriander seeds - 1 teaspoon
Jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
- Pick 10 straight, plump, healthy looking chillies, wash and dry them in a kitchen towel, with a sharp knife make a vertical slit in the middle of chilli on one side for stuffing. Keep the ends intact .
- Insert the knife tip and pluck the thick white vein in the middle along with the seeds. Usually it will come off nicely with a sharp knife. After preparing all chillies in this way and keep a side.
- Heat a pan, add groundnuts, seasame seeds, coriander seeds, jeera, fry till seeds splutters(approx 3 minutes).
- To this, add salt, mint leaves, tamarind pulp and grind them to a fine paste(add little water if required but it should be very thick).
- Take ready to stuff chillies, fill the gap with the above filling nice and evenly one by one and keep them aside on a plate.
- Take a bowl, add besan, ajwain, salt, redchilli powder, soda, enough water to prepare medium thick batter of thick buttermilk consistency.
- Heat oil in a deep frying kadai, dip stuffed chillies One by one in batter and gently drop from the sides of kadai into hot oil and deep fry until golden.
- Serve hot with sprinkled chat masala and chopped onion.