Today I am posting a traditional tiffin item of Maharashtra, Karnataka, taken during fasting. Once you take this we will never feel hungry whole the day, our tummy will be that much heavy with this food, it is also very tasty food.
Sabudana - 1 cup
Ground nut Powder - 1/2 cup(Slightly grinded for few seconds to a coarse powder)
Cucumber - (Grated)
Green Chillies - 2
Salt - According to taste
Potato - 1 (Cut into Cubes)
Oil - 2 tablespoons
Jeera - 1 table spoon
- Wash sabudana nicely under running water so that no powder is left.
- drain water completely and leave for 3 to 4hours. keep mixing it from time to time and sprinkle some water so sabudana is not completely dry.
- After 4hours the sabudana will be spongy.
- Meanwhile dry roast groundnuts on gas or in microwave and powder them coarsely. No need to peel them.
- Add salt, sugar, haldi, chillipowder, lemon juice and ground nuts and mix well.
- Heat oil, add jeera, saute for 2 minutes, then add chopped green chillis, curry leaves, grated cucumber, saute for 5 minutes in a low flame and the add potatoes cut into fine cubes.
- When the potatoes are almost done add sabudana and mix well. Keep on simmer for 5 to 10 minutes till sabudana is cooked. Sabudana will change color once it is cooked.
- Remove from fire and serve hot garnished with coriander leaves and grated coconut.