Whole Green Moong Dal - 1 cup
Rice - 1/4 cup
Green chillies - 3
Ginger - 1 peeled
Salt - according to taste
Oil - 2 tablespoons
Onion - 1(for topping)
- Soak Moong dal, rice overnight/atleast 5 hours.
- Grind the soaked dal, rice, ginger, green chillies to a smooth batter like dosa, add salt to the batter.
- Heat an iron pan/nonstick pan pour 1/2 teaspoon of oil, pour laddle full of batter into the pan, spread it into a thin roundshape layer like pan cake. Pour oil along the edges of dosa.
- sprinkle chopped onion and press with a laddle to stick it into dosa, cook till it turns golden brown, then flip it and cook for one minute.
- Serve hot with ginger chutney.
- Tastes delicious with combination of upma.