Wheat Flour - 2 cups
Water - 1 table spoon
White Raddish - 2 grated
oil/ghee - 3 table spoons
Salt - 1 tea spoon(adjust)
Red chilli powder - 1 tea spoon
Jeera/Cumin seeds - 1 table spoon
Tips For making chapathi:(for new guests to kitchen)
- Add salt, grated raddish, cumin seeds, chilli powder, oil to wheat flour to make a soft dough( no need to add water as raddish releases water while mixing), If Dough is soo hard without water then add little amount of water.Be carefull while adding water.
- Make balls of the dough, dust it with flour to make parathas(same chapathi process)
- Cook on hot tava applying ghee to both sides till brown spots appear on both sides.
- Serve it with a chutney or fresh thick curd.
- Dont apply ghee immedietly to chapathi first cook for 1 minute one side immediently flip the chapathi to other side, wait till it puffs then spread ghee, again flip chapathi now apply ghee to this side.
- The above procedure will help u to cook a perfect chapathi as so many apply ghee immediately, chapathi burns fastly leaving uncooked inside.
- First allow it to cook without oil both sides for few seconds and then apply ghee to get soft, puffy and tasty chapathi.