Wheat Flour - 1 cup
Salt - 1 tea spoon(adjust)
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tea spoon(adjust)
Cumin Seeds/Jeera - 1 table spoon
Water - 1/2 cup
Oil - 1 tea spoon
- Take a wide Bowl and mix together wheat flour, salt, Oil, chilli powder, Jeera, water to make soft stiff dough(not too stiff nor too soft).
- Let it sit covered for 10-15 minutes.
- Divide dough into small lemon sized balls and roll them using a rolling pan thicker slightly than rotis in a circular shape.
- If u want smooth pooris then above process is ok or else if u want crispy, Roll it same like chapathi(thinner).
- Heat oil in a Deep frying pan, Fry pooris till golden brown.
- Serve with curd or tomato ketchup.
- Mix hot oil with flour for any deep frying flour recipes to avoid extra oil to be absorbed(Snack absorbs less oil in this case)