- Aloo (Potatoes)- 2 large - Boiled and Mashed roughly.
- Besan(Gram flour-chickpea flour)-1 cup
- Oil for deep frying
- Green Chilies - 2 or more according to taste. chopped finely or made into paste
- Coriander leaves- 1tbsp, finely chopped
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
- Red chili powder - 1/4 tsp or to taste
- Water - to make batter.
- Garlic(optional) 2-3 cloves - chopped finely or made into paste
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Put mashed aloo in a bowl.
- Add green chilies, salt, chili powder and coriander. Mix them well.
- make lime sized balls and Keep aside.
- In another bowl, add turmeric powder, gram flour, chili powder and salt and mix well.
- Add a little water and prepare a batter. The consistency of the batter should be like dosa(pancake).
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Dip the potato mixture balls into the batter and put them carefully in the hot oil.
- Fry till they become golden brown.